Supporting me at any level will allow me to do and make more work!
Third party services like Patreon and Substack were the last successful innovation of Web 2.0. But they are also closed ecosystems. In 2023 with everything that’s happening with social media, I think it’s more important than ever to operate and control your own financial income stack. In my case, I currently use WordPress*.
*My current processing fees per transaction are 2.9% + $0.30c via Stripe.
The future for independent creators are Verticals of One.
Every new supporter means I can slowly shift my life priorities away from freelance work.
In addition to making my weekly personal podcast Permanently Moved, I am currently working on a new interview show called Experience.Computer. It’s an ambitious project that is quite time consuming!
Below is a list of things that with our support I’d like to do next.
- £10/more a month and I’ll Make my first youtube essay / video about SoloRPG journaling games .
- One more £100/yr subscriber needed to justify purchasing a teleprompt mirror for my camera!
£20/mo more in total, and I’ll move to an online payment gateway and use my own subscription infrastructure. This will allow me to build a community and set up a shop and better support the funders of my work.
- Set up an old school PHPBBS forum for paid supporters.
- Start a super quick daily podcast on its own feed called 102 – Podtober 2023?
- Make a game!
Set up shop infrastructure to sell zines and other self published material
- Produce more long form essays on the blog with audio readings released as 411 episode.
- Produce real-time virtual production infrastructure for my shadow puppets.
- Use the same tools to start making long form youtube essays evolving from 411.
- Mini podcast series: Life and work of Enya audio documentary.
- Produce a pilot podcast series dedicated to table top war games and the people that play them.
- Write a book in public on the subject of ‘World Running‘
- A blog series on the technical and physical elements of the coming Metaverse
Upgrade my podcast hosting plan from 50 to 250 MB ($15/mo). Move the blog off shared hosting to a more robust dedicated server. I have … plans for things around here. Like selling stuff. ($16.95/mo) Buy a new camera Branch Out into Video I’d like to start a web show.Come Internet With Me Start a video version of the podcast
SUPPORT MONTHLY WITH PAYPAL
Enjoyed something I’ve made but can’t commit to a subscription? why not buy me a beer!
Buy me a beer!